Summer is upon us! This is the time of year to spend quality time outdoors with your kids and family. It’s also time to bring out the grill and patio furniture. Also, if you have a pool, get busy with cleaning it out for some summer fun!
Summer time can be a slow time for some home businesses. Although, It will depend on what type of business you have to determine if you will experience some slack with your business sales and traffic. Kids are home from school, and families go on vacations. Of course, that means many people will be busy during summer months and also spending less time online visiting your blog or website. That usually means a stall with your business.
If you experience a stall with your business this time of year, do you tend to get depressed and thus, experience some demotivation? I have been there many times! However, what an ideal time to kick your writing opportunities into high gear!
Don’t get down in the dumps during summer! Instead, especially if you don’t have any kids or summer obligations; take the opportunity to get in deep with your writing. Why not join an article writing challenge? Or maybe, start writing that eBook or online course you’ve put on the back burner for so long, or perhaps do some videos for your home business. For most people online, the opportunities are wide open to take advantage of during slow times.
Above all, DON’T ignore your business during the summer months! Most times, if you do, your business will suffer. And when it’s time to get going with sales, leads and sign ups come this fall, you will fall short even more of much needed traffic for success.
10 Writing Opportunities to Think About
* This is the ideal time to freshen up your blog or website with new writing material
* Get started with writing some eBooks for your business
* Start a writer’s group with your home business associates
* Take a free online course
* Study the writing markets; looking into what the various markets are looking for, guidelines, etc..
* Contact old clients and offer some freebies. This could lead to new client projects
* Prioritize your email list, paying close attention to your top clients
* Write up and schedule some blog posts for the fall and winter months
* Polish up on your resume and cover letters
* Declutter your home office and re-organize
There are all kinds of things you can be doing during the slow summer months that will benefit you and your business. However, don’t let those things take priority over enjoying a fun-filled summer!
Tammy offers more articles on writing and also her freelance writing services at Freelance Writing Jobs and Services.
You can also find Tammy at her Grandparenting Articles and Tips blog.